3D printers have now become one of the tools that are driving manufacturing and prototyping innovations. They greatly reduce the lead time and costs that come with the development of prototypes, new parts, and devices. The top 10 best 3D printers in 2018 come with designs and features and accommodate several filament types.
They also feature improved build platforms that are able to support larger and complex models. Therefore, if you are in the market for the best 3D printers in 2018 for your money, you will find the reviews below very useful.
- 10. QIDI TECHNOLOGY New Generation 3D Printer:X-one2,Metal Frame Structure,Platform Heating
- 9. Anycubic Upgraded Full Metal i3 Mega 3D Printer with Ultrabase Heatbed and 3.5 Inch Touch Screen
- 8. Monoprice Maker Select Plus 3D Printer
- 7. Monoprice Maker Select 3D Printer v2 – (113860)
- 6. Monoprice Select Mini 3D Printer with Heated Build Plate, Includes Micro SD Card and Sample PLA Filament – 121711 – Black
- 5. HICTOP CR-10S 3D Printer Filament Monitor Prusa I3 Upgrade Dual Z axis T Screw Rods 300x300x400mm
- 4. HICTOP Creality CR-10 3D Printer Prusa I3 DIY Kit Aluminum Large Print Size 300x300x400mm
- 3. da Vinci mini Wireless 3D Printer-6″x6″x6″ Built Volume (Includes: $14 300g PLA Filament, $49 STEAM 3D Design Tutorial eGift Card – Must Register Product, $10 Maintenance Tools, XYZmaker CAD Software)
- 2. FlashForge 3D Printers, New Model: Finder
- 1. Monoprice 115365 Select Mini 3D Printer with Heated Build Plate, Includes Micro SD Card and Sample PLA Filament
10. QIDI TECHNOLOGY New Generation 3D Printer:X-one2,Metal Frame Structure,Platform Heating
This 3D printer comes with a heated aluminum build platform with metal supports. With a 6 mm thickness, this CNC machined build platform guarantees that the surface remains completely flat for perfect 3D printing. The build platform heats up to 110 C and supports printing of any filament type including basic filaments and more advanced materials. This printer also features an upgraded 10 mm guide rod that ensures a precise Z axis movement and also prevents the arm from deforming. Additionally, this 3D printer comes with free printing software, an SD card and a 3.5 inch touch screen which make the printing process easy and fast. The build volume with this 3D printer is 140mm x 140mm x 140mm (LxWxH).
9. Anycubic Upgraded Full Metal i3 Mega 3D Printer with Ultrabase Heatbed and 3.5 Inch Touch Screen
Designed with 2560×1440 (2K) HD native resolution, this 3D printer offers very fine printing details. It features a high efficiency Any cubic photon leveling structure which takes only 4 steps to completely level the platform. Moreover, this 3D printer has an exceptionally high speed slicing software and features plug and play USB connection and a 3.5 inch touchscreen which offer an extraordinary printing experience. Furthermore, this printer has an ultrabase heated with a high quality heatsink which ensures it build surface remains completely flat during the build process.
8. Monoprice Maker Select Plus 3D Printer
With a compact design featuring a small footprint and a basic open frame design, this 3D printer easily fits on any desk. It ships fully assembled and calibrated ready for use. It has a heated build platform that can be heated to a wide range of extruder temperatures allowing this 3D printer to support any filament type including basic ABS and PLA filaments to more advanced materials such as wood and metal composites and conductive PLA. Furthermore, this printer comes with a complete kit including a sample PLA filament, a bed scraper and a microSD card with sample model files. It also supports USB connectivity and is PC and Mac compatible. This 3D printer is compatible with Cura, Repetier and other printing software.
7. Monoprice Maker Select 3D Printer v2 – (113860)
With an 8 x 8 inch build plate and a 7 inch vertical spacing, this 3D printer offers a generous platform to print large and complex models. It features a heated build plate, microSD card and a sample PLA filament. Moreover, this printer is compatible with a variety of 3D printing software including Repeater, Cure and Simplify 3D. The heated build plate supports printing of slow cooling materials such as PLA and PLA blends, as well as ABS and modified ABS filaments. It supports USB and SD connectivity and is compatible with Mac and PC computers.
6. Monoprice Select Mini 3D Printer with Heated Build Plate, Includes Micro SD Card and Sample PLA Filament – 121711 – Black
With a heated build plate that supports a wide range of extruder temperatures, this 3D printer works with all filament types including basic PLA and ABS filaments to more advanced materials. It has a compact design with a small footprint and a basic open frame design that fits easily on any desk. Furthermore, this printer ships fully assembled and calibrated ready for use and comes with an SD card with preloaded models. It is PC and Mac compatible and supports multiple 3D printing software including Cura, Repetier and Simplify 3D.
5. HICTOP CR-10S 3D Printer Filament Monitor Prusa I3 Upgrade Dual Z axis T Screw Rods 300x300x400mm
Featuring updated dual Z axes guiding screw rod, this printer offers a stable and quality printing experience. It has the ability to resume printing even after a lapse or power outage occurs. Moreover, this printer has a filament detection function with an alarm that alerts you when the filament is running low. Furthermore, this printer has a generous build volume that allows you to print models up to 300mm x 300mm x 400mm. It ships in 3 sets that are easily assembled and calibrated for use in less than 10 minutes.
4. HICTOP Creality CR-10 3D Printer Prusa I3 DIY Kit Aluminum Large Print Size 300x300x400mm
Delivered in 3 sets, this 3D printer takes less than 10 minutes to assemble and calibrate. The build plate offers a generous print volume that allows you to print models that are 300mm x 300mm x 400mm (LxWxH). This printer features a linear navigation with low friction and an industrial-grade PCB which can print for 200 hours continuously without pressure. The build platform features an aluminum alloy and tempered glass construction that ensures the platform remains flat and prevents wear and tear.
3. da Vinci mini Wireless 3D Printer-6″x6″x6″ Built Volume (Includes: $14 300g PLA Filament, $49 STEAM 3D Design Tutorial eGift Card – Must Register Product, $10 Maintenance Tools, XYZmaker CAD Software)
With a 6 x 6 x 6 inches build volume, this printer offers a single button print design with colored LED lights that indicate the printing progress. It supports wireless connectivity and can therefore conveniently be used throughout your office, home or even classroom. However, this printer only supports bio-compostable, non-toxic PLA filaments derived from natural materials such as corn starch, and sugarcane and which are DEHP-free and Heavy metal-free.
2. FlashForge 3D Printers, New Model: Finder
This 3D printer features a slide-in build plate which allows for printed objects to be conveniently removed. It has a 3.5 inch high spec touchscreen with intuitive icons which offer easy and quick operations. Moreover, its sturdy and plastic allow construction ensures that this printer offers stable prints. It uses a safe non-heated build plate unlike most 3D printers. This printer also offers Wi-Fi, USB and flash drive connectivity which also ensure an extraordinary user experience.
1. Monoprice 115365 Select Mini 3D Printer with Heated Build Plate, Includes Micro SD Card and Sample PLA Filament
With a heated build plate and a wide range of extruder temperatures, this 3D printer supports all filament types from the basic ABS and FLA filaments to more advanced filaments. It has a compact design with a basic open frame design and small footprint that fits easily in any desk. Moreover, this printer ships fully assembled and calibrated ready for use and even comes with a sample filament and microSD card with preinstalled models. It is compatible with Mac and PC and Linux operating systems and supports USB connectivity as well. Additionally, this printer is compatible with various 3D printing software including Repetier, Cure, Simplify 3D and others.
These top 10 best 3D printers for money in 2018 offer an extraordinary user experience with precise prints. Whether you are looking to develop prototypes, or very general home or office modeling, you will find that they deliver high quality prints at the fraction of the cost. Moreover, some of these 3D printers are capable of supporting a wide range of filament types that can fit your modeling requirements. They also support multiple connection options allowing you to print from your USB, SD card, or even computer. Furthermore, these top 3D printers come fully assemble and calibrated or require easy assembly and can be up and running in no time even for novice users. Therefore, whatever modeling requirements you have, these printers will have you covered at a pocket-friendly price.