For anybody looking to venture into leather craftsmanship, it’s essential to have complete sets of leatherworking tools. This article is aimed at elaborating various toolkits and guiding you in picking the appropriate leatherworking tools. These are different sets of tools promising optimal results in your job. They are safe and easy to handle tools preventing any fatal injuries.
These tools can be used by both beginners and experts in this field. This article focuses on Basic stitching sewing hand toolsets that for leather project stitching that come at affordable prices. This review focuses on a range of tools from stitching tools to Saddle making tools, needles and leather punches and explains the differences that come with different toolsets.
- 10. BIGTEDDY – Leather Craft Basic Stitching Sewing Hand Tool Set Saddle Groover for DIY Leathercraft Projects
- 9. Hotop 120 Set Leather Rivets Single Cap Rivets Tubular Metal Studs with Fixing Tool Kit for Leather Craft Repairing Decoration, 3 Sizes
- 8. BIGTEDDY – Leathercraft Basic Accessories Tools Kit for Hand Sewing Stitching Wheels and Stamping Set
- 7. SIMPZIA 34 Pcs Leather Craft Stamping Tools with Stitching Groover, Prong Punch, Leather Working Saddle Making Stamps Tools for DIY Leather Craft Man
- 6. Tandy Leather Basic Leathercraft Set 55501-00
- 5. BIGTEDDY – 20pcs Leather Working Saddle Making Stamps Tools Set for Leathercraft Carving DIY Handmde Art (Silver)
- 4. Leather Craft Tool SIMPZIA 25 Pcs Professional Leather Sewing Kit DIY Hand Stitching Tools with Groover Awl Edge Creaser.
- 3. Leather and Vinyl Repair and Restoration Kit for Couch, Car Seats, Handbags, Jackets, Purse, Boots, Match Any Color and Long Lasting Color Restoration, Pack of 30 Pieces
- 2. Leather Sewing Tools SIMPZIA 17 Pieces Leather Tools Craft DIY Hand Stitching Kit with Groover Awl Waxed Thimble Thread for Sewing Leather, Canvas or Other Leathercraft Projects
- 1. General Tools 72 Leather Hole Punch Tool, 5/64 Inch to 3/16 Inch
10. BIGTEDDY – Leather Craft Basic Stitching Sewing Hand Tool Set Saddle Groover for DIY Leathercraft Projects
This is a product comes at an affordable good bargain. It is therefore essential for anybody working on a limited budget. Not only is this product affordable, but also comes in handy for starters looking to begin their first leather project. It contains all the basic tools for hand stitching and sewing tools. It offers more than one usage in that, its needle set and stitching awls can be used for other fabrics like canvas and denim.
For a DIY leather project, it offers the principal threads, needles, and spacers necessary. These tools will ensure flawless workflow on your product. Moreover, it comes with Edge groover and blades that are used to space hand stitching holes. When the stitching process is complete the blades can then be used to run over the stitches to give them a machine-sewn look. This set promises to leave a clear impression on the leather job.
9. Hotop 120 Set Leather Rivets Single Cap Rivets Tubular Metal Studs with Fixing Tool Kit for Leather Craft Repairing Decoration, 3 Sizes
It is a complete set of rivets and metal studs that are requisite in most leather jobs. This set contains 3 rivet sizes which are small (6mm), medium (8mm) and large (12mm). In addition, the rivets are gold and silver in color. Coupled with the rivets, is a clear storage box which allows you to find its contents easily as they are arranged in their different sizes and colors. The rivets are made of good quality copper which is sturdy and durable.
The single cap leather bullets are compatible with belts, windbreakers, down jackets, jackets, overalls, backpacks, shoes, hats, jeans, leather crafts. This is a set that anyone in need of leather-compatible rivets and studs should consider.
8. BIGTEDDY – Leathercraft Basic Accessories Tools Kit for Hand Sewing Stitching Wheels and Stamping Set
This kit is applicable for both beginner and professional leather projects as it provides all the essential tools. It comes with prong punch, Thimble, Waxed Threads, Awls, and Needles. These allow hand sewing and stitching on various fabric ranging from leather to denim and tarpaulin. Moreover, it complements saddle making activities. These can be achieved using the 20 stamp tools in the package. These enable the user to make custom-made designs and patterns that they desire.
In addition, the kit has embossing tools. They allow you to overstitch on paper and transfer the pattern on other fabric. This is efficient in that it saves a lot of time. The package caters for edge grooving with a 7 in 1 groover. The groover works as a stitching groover, edge creaser, bevel leather edges, rough edges trimmer and stitching-hole spacer. It’s, therefore, a very conservative kit in leatherworking.
7. SIMPZIA 34 Pcs Leather Craft Stamping Tools with Stitching Groover, Prong Punch, Leather Working Saddle Making Stamps Tools for DIY Leather Craft Man
This set comes with a 34-pieces hand stitching set containing which contains prong punch, thimble, waxed threads, awls, stamping tools and needles useable for stitching various materials and fabrics. Moreover it can be used for saddle making since it has leather stamping tools that come with 20 popular patterns. It therefore enhances the aesthetic of your project when the stamps are used.
The stamping tools allow for the user to make original designs or embellishing already existing designs.
6. Tandy Leather Basic Leathercraft Set 55501-00
This is leathercraft set contains 6 stamping tools, a wooden mallet, a wooden mallet
a swivel knife, leather strop, and jeweler’s rogue, a sponge, a 4.4 ounce bottle of Eco Flo Super Shene, a small roll of tracing film, kit for ID wallet, kit for key fob, kit for coin purse, 2 practice pieces of leather.
It can be used for small scale leather projects like crafting of key chains and wallets or watch straps.
5. BIGTEDDY – 20pcs Leather Working Saddle Making Stamps Tools Set for Leathercraft Carving DIY Handmde Art (Silver)
The set exclusively consists of saddle making stamps that can be used at beginner and professional leather crafting. It allows for the user to carve their own vintage and stylish patterns. The stamps are made from durable solid metal.
4. Leather Craft Tool SIMPZIA 25 Pcs Professional Leather Sewing Kit DIY Hand Stitching Tools with Groover Awl Edge Creaser.
This leather sewing kit comes with a 25piece hand stitching set, DIY tools that are useful in custom leather works inclusive of sewing leather, canvas, cloth and denim. It comes with an adjustable edge groover which is easy to adjust. The user only needs to loosen the chuck, adjust the blade and tighten.
At the same time, the kit has finger cots and other items that make the leather sewing easier and protects the user’s fingers.
3. Leather and Vinyl Repair and Restoration Kit for Couch, Car Seats, Handbags, Jackets, Purse, Boots, Match Any Color and Long Lasting Color Restoration, Pack of 30 Pieces
This, on the other hand, is a professional leather repair tool set. It contains 30 pieces of repair and restoration tools that have been chosen by professional. It repairs burns, holes, scratches, and cuts on your leather surface, preventing the spread of damage. As a matter of fact, light scratches on leather can be fixed within 30 minutes or less using one adhesive.
It is suitable for use on boots, shoes, jackets, belts, car seats and luggage. It comes with a set of instructions and a professional color matching chart. This kit, therefore, enables the user to restore item colors by using the color compounds it comes with.
2. Leather Sewing Tools SIMPZIA 17 Pieces Leather Tools Craft DIY Hand Stitching Kit with Groover Awl Waxed Thimble Thread for Sewing Leather, Canvas or Other Leathercraft Projects
It’s a DIY hand stitching set that comes with 17pieces that comprise of 2pcs Pressure cloth tooth(4mm,2mm), 4 types of Awl, 3 colors threads, Adjustable groover, needle kit, Thimble, Beeswax, scissors and finger cots. It provides all basic requirements for crafting leather. The finger cots are made from soft leather to cover the lower parts of fingers during crafting.
The spacer embossing tool is useful for over-stitch marking by simply rolling over the leather to mark the spacing of stitches. The wood handheld Awl is meant to widen holes on your project and is tapered for a wide range of hole sizes. This set is mainly set for beginners in leather craft.
1. General Tools 72 Leather Hole Punch Tool, 5/64 Inch to 3/16 Inch
The hole punch is made with non-slip grips for enhanced handling and comfort. It’s made from plated steel and has six tapered and hollow punches. It can be used on a variety of surfaces ranging from leather to rubber and plastic. It has convenient spring tension on the self-opening tool and a powerful revolving punch that allows you to make clean punch holes.
The Punch sizes range from 5/64, 3/32, 7/64, 1/8, 5/32 and 3/16 inch and are convenient for home hobby crafting or professional use or adding holes to leather belts.
These 10 tool sets are definitely an essential set for anybody looking to venture into leather craft either as a profession or as a hobby. They provide every tool that you would need to end up with a clean job. Furthermore, they come at a pocket-friendly price which is considerable for anybody working on a tight budget but leaning on having the best results in their crafts. Judging from customer reviews, it would be just to conclude that these toolkits promise nothing but perfection if used accordingly.