Most people rely on their cell phones, gaming devices, computers, tablets, and smart electronics to provide entertainment and information throughout the day. When you’re at home and trying to use your devices, there’s nothing worse than an unreliable WiFi connection. If you live in a large home, it can be difficult to get decent WiFi that reaches all the rooms in your house without a high quality router.
Some routers are better than others when it comes to sending the WiFi throughout large homes. There are routers that are specifically designed for use in homes that are over a certain square footage in size. When choosing a router for your large home, it’s important to find one that can work based on the size of your space. The following is a list of the 10 best WiFi routers for large homes based on reviews.
10. ASUS Dual-Band Gigabit WiFi Gaming Router
The ASUS Dual-Band WiFi Gaming Router is powerful and useful in large homes. This router has a secure design so you don’t have to worry about others using your network.
This router from ASUS has expansive connectivity options. It includes several ports so you can connect devices using an ethernet cable if desired.
- includes 1024 Qam technology
- 33% greater 2. 4 GigaHertz coverage
- 4 transmit 4 receive antenna design provides powerful WiFi throughout large spaces
- includes AiProtection network security to prevent unauthorized access to your WiFi
- comes with 8 LAN ports for ethernet connections to gaming consoles and other devices
- has Smart Connect technology that automatically choose the best connection
- higher price than many other routers
- setup can be difficult, especially for those who aren’t technologically savvy
This powerful router from ASUS is designed for use in large to very large homes. It has 8 ethernet connection ports and can be used with your cell phone, wireless printer, laptop, gaming console, and many other wireless devices.
9. NETGEAR Nighthawk X6S Smart WiFi Router
The NETGEAR Nighthawk X6S Smart WiFi router is designed for use in large to very large size homes. This router can be used with many different wireless devices at once without compromising your signal.
This powerful WiFi router from NETGEAR features Tri-band wireless speed up to 4000 Mbps, which means you can easily use it for gaming or other content where high speeds are needed.
- includes 4 ethernet ports and 2 USB ports
- is designed for use in homes up to 3500 square feet in size
- can cover up to 55 devices at once
- the 6 amplified antennas work to spread signal throughout your entire home
- comes with smart parental controls so you can control access to the internet
- includes several security features like guest access, DoS, and a firewall
- unit is very pricey when compared to other large home routers
- learning to use all the features can be challenging
This large home router from NETGEAR has advanced technology to provide you with a safe and secure WiFi network throughout your entire space. It provides powerful signal and can be used with up to 55 devices at once.
8. NETGEAR Nighthawk X4S Smart WiFi Router
The NETGEAR Nighthawk X4S Smart WiFi router is perfect for use in large homes where you need quality signal to reach each room in your house. This unit can connect to many devices at once.
This router from NETGEAR is secure and safe so you don’t have to worry about anyone have unauthorized access to your WiFi network. It also helps protect any sensitive information you may be sending over your network.
- can work well in a house that’s 2500 square feet or smaller
- allows you to connect up to 45 devices at once without compromising the signal quality
- comes with 4 ethernet ports, 2 USB ports , and 1 eSATA port
- provides various connection options to work with many devices
- high quality signal works well in homes with several people using devices at once
- has a speed of up to 2600 Mbps
- the setup process can be time consuming
- doesn’t have Smart connect features
This router from NETGEAR is designed for use in homes up to 2500 square feet in size. It can power up to 45 devices at once, which can include game consoles, cell phones, tablets, and laptops.
7. NETGEAR Nighthawk Smart WiFi Router
The NETGEAR Nighthawk Smart router is a more affordable option that can work well in many larger homes. This unit has 3 antennas to help your WiFi reach all parts of the house.
This router from NETGEAR is designed to be secure so you don’t have to worry about unauthorized users on your network which can slow things down and compromise sensitive information.
- designed for use in homes that are up to 1800 square feet in size
- can be connected to up to 30 devices at once without slowing down the network
- includes 4 ethernet ports and 1 USB port
- can connect wirelessly or with wired connections using the included ports
- provides speeds up to 1900 Mbps
- can be used with computers, gaming consoles, cell phones, and more
- not ideal for homes with more than 1800 square feet
- doesn’t have as many connection ports as some higher priced routers
This NETGEAR router can be used in homes that are 1800 square feet in size and smaller. It has several security features and also includes parental controls so you have full control over the use of your WiFi network.
6. TP-Link AC1900 Smart WiFi Router
The TP-Link AC1900 Smart WiFi Router features dual band technology that’s designed to provide reliable and powerful signals for your WiFi network no matter where you are inside your home.
This router from TP-Link is designed for use in larger homes. It can be used for gaming consoles, mobile phones, tablets, computers, and other wireless devices.
- provides 3 simultaneous data streams so you can get optimal performance from all your devices
- uses Smart Connect technology to connect devices to the least congested bands
- compatible with Amazon Alexa
- can be used with wired devices using the 4 included ethernet ports or the USB port
- uses Beamforming technology to provide signal to all corners of your home
- includes security features to keep your network safe
- not designed for use in very large homes
- understand the connection instructions in the manual can be challenging
This router from TP-Link is affordable and ideal for average to large size homes. The router can be used with many devices at once without losing signal or slowing down the connection.
5. ASUS AC1900 Dual Band Gigabit WiFi Router with MU-MIMO
The ASUS AC1900 Dual Band WiFi router features MU-MIMO technology and dual band functionality. This allows the router to provide speeds of up to 1900 Mbps.
This router from ASUS uses Smart multitasking to dedicate separate lanes for use with WiFi and USB data. This helps keep your network fast and easily accessible for many devices at once.
- includes multi-stage protection to prevent unauthorized access to your network
- gives you the option to monitor and manage your network from your mobile device
- has 2 USB ports and 4 LAN ports
- router is easy to setup when compared to many others
- allows for connection to many devices at once
- you can customize your network using AiCloud and the ASUS router app
- may not work as well with 2.4ghz
- intended for use in average to large size homes only
This router from ASUS can be used to connect wirelessly to many devices at once. It also has several ports for wired connections. This unit is designed to be easy to setup with minimal work required.
4. NETGEAR Nighthawk Smart WiFi Router
The NETGEAR Nighthawk Smart WiFi router is designed to give you a wireless speed up to 1900 Mbps. This router can be used in large homes and other locations for a strong signal throughout.
This router from NETGEAR is one of the more affordable options available for use in average to large size homes. It can power many devices at once so everyone in your family can use their phone, laptop, or gaming system without concern.
- can be used in homes up to 1800 square feet in size
- will provide signal for up to 30 devices at once
- includes 3 ethernet connection ports and 2 USB ports
- can be used with gaming systems, laptops, desktops, wireless printers, and smart appliances
- uses Armor Security to protect your network and information
- unit is compatible with Amazon Alexa
- not as fast as many pricier routers designed for use in large homes
- router isn’t ideal for use in spaces over 1800 square feet
This NETGEAR router is easy to setup and safe to use. It’s has parental controls so you can restrict access as needed. It has several ports for wired connections and can also be used wirelessly with many devices at once.
3. TP-Link AC1200 Smart WiFi Router
The TP-Link AC1200 Smart WiFi router is a budget-friendly option that can work well in most homes. This router provides long range coverage with 4 powerful antennas.
This router from TP-Link has dual band technology so you can easily use several devices at once without compromising your speed. It uses MU MIMO technology to provide high speeds for several devices at once.
- provides up to 1200 Mbps
- can be used in AP mode for sharing your internet wirelessly
- includes 4 gigabit LAN ports
- helps eliminate bandwidth congestion
- comes with parental controls
- doesn’t have speeds nearly as high as some other routers
- not ideal for using many different devices at once
This affordable router from TP-Link is perfect for those looking to provide a quality WiFi network in an average to large size home. The router is simple to setup and secure.
2. NETGEAR Nighthawk Smart WiFi Router
The NETGEAR Nighthawk router has a simple design and is ideal for use in medium to large size homes. It can connect using wired or wireless connections.
This router from NETGEAR is affordable when compared to many other routers from other brands. It gives you the option to connect several devices at once without slowing down your WiFi speed.
- includes 4 ethernet connections and 1 USB port
- is compatible with Alexa and some other Smart devices
- features an easy 5-minute setup
- can be used in spaces up to 1500 square feet in size
- parental controls allow you to set time limits and limit certain content
- has optional secure remote access so you can manage your network when away
- not designed to be used in spaces larger than 1500 square feet
- can only power up to 25 devices where others can power many more
This router from NETGEAR is affordable and great for use in medium to larger size homes. It can power up to 25 devices at once and can be used to connect wirelessly or with wired connections.
1. TP-Link AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
The TP-Link AC1750 Smart WiFi Router has dual band technology so you can provide high speed access to many different devices at once. It works with computers, wireless printers, cell phones, and more.
This router from TP-Link can be used with Amazon Alexa and many other Smart devices. It reduces buffering and can be used for 4K streaming and other activities.
- has 3 external antennas for long range WiFi
- provides up to 1750 Mbps
- includes 4 LAN ports for wired connections
- TP Link tether app allows you to manage your network remotely
- works well for gaming and other online activities
- includes a 2 year warranty
- setup may be challenging depending on your previous experience with routers
- unit can take awhile to restart if it goes down for some reason
This router from TP-Link is a good option for those seeking an affordable device to create a dependable WiFi network in their large home. It can provide fast connections speeds to several devices at once so your entire family can use their devices.
A quality router should be able to effectively provide a good signal in every room of your home. If you have a large home, you may need a router that’s more powerful than standard cheap routers. Some have been made specifically for use in large spaces. It can be helpful to know the exact square footage of your home when shopping for a router. Many are rated for quality based on the square footage in which they can provide a good signal throughout.
A good router should be easy to setup in your home and should be secure so you don’t have to worry about unauthorized people having access to your WiFi network. To ensure you purchase a high quality router that’s dependable and designed to last for years, you can compare the different options based on price, features, and reviews. Reading online consumer reviews can provide you with helpful information on how well the router is to set up, how reliable it is, and whether it works well in large spaces.
- 10. ASUS Dual-Band Gigabit WiFi Gaming Router
- 9. NETGEAR Nighthawk X6S Smart WiFi Router
- 8. NETGEAR Nighthawk X4S Smart WiFi Router
- 7. NETGEAR Nighthawk Smart WiFi Router
- 6. TP-Link AC1900 Smart WiFi Router
- 5. ASUS AC1900 Dual Band Gigabit WiFi Router with MU-MIMO
- 4. NETGEAR Nighthawk Smart WiFi Router
- 3. TP-Link AC1200 Smart WiFi Router
- 2. NETGEAR Nighthawk Smart WiFi Router
- 1. TP-Link AC1750 Smart WiFi Router