Using fertilizer can greatly increase your yield no matter what type of crops you’re growing. But spreading fertilizer evenly and efficiently can be challenging, especially if you’re working with a large garden space. Using a commercial fertilizer spreader can greatly decrease the time you have to spend spreading fertilizer on your crops. These spreaders can be used for residential use if you have a large garden or for their intended use on commercial crops.
Commercial fertilizer spreaders come in several styles and sizes. It’s helpful to know the exact dimensions of your garden space when choosing a fertilizer spreader. This will help you choose the one that will work more efficiently to spread fertilizer evenly in as little time as possible. The following is a list of the 10 best commercial fertilizer spreaders based on reviews.
10. Brinly BS36BH, Black, 175 lbs Tow-Behind Broadcast Spreader
The Brinly BS36BH tow-behind broadcast spreader is an affordable option that works well for many applications. This spreader can be used for fertilizer, seed, ice melt, and more.
This spreader from Brinly is made of a durable material that’s designed to last through many seasons of use. The Hopper is made from polyethylene to prevent damage from being in contact with fertilizer.
- holds up to 175 pounds of fertilizer
- hardware, spinner shaft, and agitator are all made from durable stainless steel
- has a patented control to maintain an even spread pattern
- ideal for use in spaces that are 1 acre or larger
- made of rust and dent-proof materials
- has calibration controls with a locking dial
- not designed for use with large tractors
- unit can be top heavy when completely full
This pull-behind fertilizer spreader from Brinly can be used with a lawn mower or ATV to spread evenly over large areas. This unit can hold up to 175 pounds of fertilizer and can also be used for seed and ice melt.
9. CRAFTSMAN CMXGZBF7124571 110-lb Tow Broadcast Spreader
The CRAFTSMAN tow broadcast spreader can spread a large distance to decrease the amount of physical effort required in large spaces. This unit is affordable and easy to use.
This fertilizer spreader is made with durable materials. It has a rust-proof poly hopper and spreader plate which are designed to last through many years of use.
- provides up to a 10′ spread
- large pneumatic tires work well over different types of terrain
- hopper has a capacity of 110 pounds
- gear and other working parts are made of heavy-duty steel
- universal hitch can easily attach to most tractors
- can cover up to 1/3 acre
- not ideal for large-scale commercial farms
- may not work with large tractors
This fertilizer spreader from Craftsman is affordable and versatile. It has a universal hitch that attaches easily to mowers, ATVs and small tractors.
8. 125 lb Tow Broadcast Fertilizer Spreader
The Yard Commander fertilizer spreader has a tow-behind design that allows you to use it with traditional lawn mowers, ATVs, and small tractors.
This fertilizer spreader is well-made with heavy-duty parts that last for years. It’s easy to hook up and can also be used to spread seeds, ice melt, and other smaller particles.
- has a maximum capacity of 125 pounds
- hopper is made of a durable rust-proof material
- includes a cover for the hopper to keep materials dry
- easy to assemble
- includes a heavy-duty metal gear
- the spread width can be adjusted from 10 to 12 feet
- not ideal for spreading fertilizer in large commercial spaces
- may not hook up to medium or large size tractors
This fertilizer spreader has a capacity of 125 pounds. It’s easy to assemble and can hook up to most small tractors, mowers, and ATVs. It can also be used to spread ice melt, seeds, and more.
7. Buyers Products ATVS100 ATV All-Purpose Broadcast Spreader
The Buyers Products ATVS100 all-purpose broadcast spreader is made of durable materials with a rust-proof hopper that can last through many seasons of use.
This fertilizer spreader from Buyers Products is designed to be used with most ATVs. It installs easily on the rack on your ATV to make spreading fertilizer and other substances quick and easy.
- hopper has a maximum capacity of 100 pounds
- includes an encased 12V motor to keep it safe from the elements
- has a manual feed gate regulator so you can control the spread of fertilizer
- attaches easily to most ATVs
- can be used for seed, feed, and fertilizer
- included rain cover protects the materials inside the hopper
- not designed for use on a tractor or lawnmower
- doesn’t have as large a capacity as some other fertilizer spreaders
This fertilizer spreader from Buyers Products is made to install on the rack of your ATV. This unit can hold up to 100 pounds of fertilizer or other materials. It has a manual control so you can adjust the flow of fertilizer.
6. Agri-Fab 45-0288 175-Pound Max Tow Behind Drop Spreader
The Agri-Fab 45-0288 tow behind drop spreader is a good option for those with large gardens. This spreader can be used for fertilizer, seed, feed, and more.
This tow behind spreader from Agri-Fab is well-made and durable. The hopper has a maximum capacity of 17 dry gallons or 175 pounds of fertilizer or other materials.
- can cover up to 40,000 square feet or around 1 acre with a full hopper
- has a 42″ controlled spread width
- premium steel agitator is designed to last
- hopper is rust-proof and made of heavy-duty poly material
- has pneumatic tires for smooth spreading
- comes with a 3-year manufacturer’s warranty
- assembly can be quite challenging and time-consuming
- not designed to be used with large tractors
This pull behind fertilizer spreader has a maximum capacity of 175 pounds. It comes with a universal hitch that makes it easy to install on your lawnmower, ATV, or UTV.
5. Chapin International 8620B 150 Pound Tow Behind Spreader
The Chapin International 8620B tow behind spreader has a large capacity to save time and effort when spreading fertilizer and other substances. This unit is easy to use and can be towed behind your mower, ATV, or small tractor.
This tow behind spreader from Chapin International is made with oil-impregnated box bearings which work well to minimize friction on the axle and gearbox. This helps the unit last longer even with frequent use.
- has a 150-pound capacity
- auto-stop dual impeller stops spreading when you’re not in motion
- includes a gate adjustment with 11 different settings
- gate adjustment is easy to set so you can control the spread of fertilizer
- wide tread pneumatic tires won’t spin in difficult terrain
- includes a heavy-duty trailer hitch
- not designed to be pulled behind large tractors
- assembly can take longer than with some other spreaders
This spreader from Chapin International is well-made with gears that are safely contained in a gearbox for protection. This unit has a maximum capacity of 150 pounds. It has a wide spread area to help you work more efficiently.
4. Agri-Fab 45-0463 130-Pound Tow Behind Broadcast Spreader
The Agri-Fab 45-0463 tow behind spreader can easily attach to your lawnmower, ATV, or UTV. This unit may also be compatible with some smaller tractors.
This tow behind spreader from Agri-Fab is easy to maneuver behind your farm vehicle. This unit is well-made with a hopper that’s resistant to rust and corrosion. It can be used for spreading fertilizer and other materials.
- hopper has a 130-pound capacity
- has a rod-linked on/off control so you can easily turn the spreader on and off while you’re working
- the enclosed gearbox with tapered gears are designed to have a long life
- large diameter tires roll easily over most terrain
- hopper cover and hopper grate can be purchased separately
- wide wheelbase keeps the unit upright during use
- pricier than other fertilizer spreaders based on the area it covers and its capacity
- can only cover a 1/2 acre with one full load of fertilizer
This fertilizer spreader from Agr-Fab is well-made with enclosed gears that are protected from damage. This unit is easy to hook up to your mower or other farm vehicle.
3. Precision Products 100-Pound Capacity Tow-Behind Semi-Commercial Broadcast Spreader
The Precision Products tow-behind semi-commercial broadcast spreader is perfect for large residential farms and small commercial operations. This unit can be pulled behind your mower, small tractors, or ATV.
This fertilizer spreader from Precision Products can also be used to spread seed, ice melt, and other outdoor compounds. The hopper is made from heavy-duty plastic to last through many seasons of use.
- has a 10″ to 12″ cutting swath
- hopper has a maximum capacity of 100 pounds
- steel frame is plastic coated to prevent rust and corrosion
- has a 10 to 12 foot spread pattern
- includes a rain cover to protect fertilizer and other products inside the hopper
- easily connects to your mower or ATV with a universal hitch
- not designed for use on large scale gardens
- may not be as sturdy as some other fertilizer spreaders
This fertilizer spreader from Precision Products is an affordable option that can work well for residential and small commercial gardens. This unit is easy to use and has a maximum capacity of 100 pounds.
2. Agri-Fab 45-0543 100 lb. Tow Spiker/Seeder/Spreader
The Agri-Fab 45-0543 tow behind spreader can also be used as a spiker and seeder. This machine is ideal for those with large garden spaces that need efficient equipment to get the work done.
This pull-behind spreader has a rust-proof hopper made of a high-quality poly material. This unit hooks up easily to a lawnmower, ATV, UTV, or small tractor.
- has a working width of 32″
- can aerate and seed in one pass to save time and effort
- 10″ tires are designed not to go flat
- made of durable materials that are resistant to corrosion
- agitator is constructed of galvanized steel
- includes a 3-year limited warranty
- unit is pricier than other spreaders due to its multi-purpose functionality
- the assembly process can be quite challenging for those not familiar with this type of machinery
This spreader from Agri-Fab also functions as a seeder and spiker. It makes quick work of many gardening tasks. This unit can be attached to your lawnmower or another vehicle with the included hitch.
1. Scotts Turf Builder Classic Drop Spreader
The Scotts Turf Builder classic drop spreader can be used for fertilizer, seeds, and more. This spreader has a walk-behind design that makes it a good option for medium to large size residential gardens or small commercial gardens.
This spreader is lightweight and easy to maneuver. It has a heavy-duty frame that’s designed to last through many seasons of usage and can be used year-round for various outdoor tasks.
- can enough product to cover up to 10,000 square feet
- has a 22″ spread pattern
- comes fully assembled and ready to use
- can be used for fertilizer or grass seed
- easy to use and doesn’t require a lawnmower or ATV
- comes ready to use and pre-calibrated
- not ideal for large areas as you have to push it manually
- doesn’t have as a high a capacity as other spreaders
This manual spreader with a walk-behind design can hold enough fertilizer for a space up to 10,00 square feet in size. This unit comes assembled and ready for use.
Using a quality fertilizer has many benefits whether you’re a small home farmer or a large-scale farmer who grows crops for commercial sale. One of the best ways to spread fertilizer easily on your crops is to use a commercial fertilizer spreader. These units come in several styles and sizes. Be sure to understand the exact size of your garden space as well as the capacity of the commercial garden spreader so you can choose one that holds enough fertilizer to spread efficiently over your garden.
A commercial fertilizer spreader is not only for commercial use. They also work well for those who have large personal gardens and want to save time and physical effort when spreading fertilizer. Compare these fertilizer spreaders based on size, features, and price to find one that will work best for you. It’s also helpful to read online consumer reviews so you can feel confident you’re getting the most for your money.
- 10. Brinly BS36BH, Black, 175 lbs Tow-Behind Broadcast Spreader
- 9. CRAFTSMAN CMXGZBF7124571 110-lb Tow Broadcast Spreader
- 8. 125 lb Tow Broadcast Fertilizer Spreader
- 7. Buyers Products ATVS100 ATV All-Purpose Broadcast Spreader
- 6. Agri-Fab 45-0288 175-Pound Max Tow Behind Drop Spreader
- 5. Chapin International 8620B 150 Pound Tow Behind Spreader
- 4. Agri-Fab 45-0463 130-Pound Tow Behind Broadcast Spreader
- 3. Precision Products 100-Pound Capacity Tow-Behind Semi-Commercial Broadcast Spreader
- 2. Agri-Fab 45-0543 100 lb. Tow Spiker/Seeder/Spreader
- 1. Scotts Turf Builder Classic Drop Spreader